With the new year quietly creeping along, I thought I'd share with you my 13 "resolutions" for 2013. I usually don't make resolutions so this year I was excited to do so!
- Begin to set aside money to play. I'll start at $50 each month and go from there. Once I've done this for 6 months or a year, I will do something wonderfully splendid! I'll take a cruise or buy a plane ticket or something. It won't be much, but it will be something. And I will have planned it!
- Experiment more in the kitchen. I usually fall into the same-'ol-same-'ol and it's boring! So, for breakfast the other day, I made poached eggs! Not the craziest thing out there, but it's something I've never done that I've always wanted to do! I need work, but I'll get there!
- Find my decorating style! I've been in my new house for 7 months now. I need to decide on paint colors and a style that I like. And I need to commit to it!
- Join a gym with a pool. While in Arizona over Christmas, I went with Rocket Man's niece and nephew to their swim practice a couple times. While I was a swimmer, I was never a medal-winning swimmer. But, I liked it. And watching them swim, I missed it. I'll start this again and get myself healthier.
- Remember/relearn all that I learned in my college photo class. Rocket Man's Christmas gift this year was a beautiful/amazing/wonderful Canon DSLR. I'm in love with this camera. So, I will find places to use this and I will remember everything I learned. I will also need to invest in an external hard drive to store all my images.
- Be a duck. A what? A duck. Meaning, I won't let myself sit and stew over things people have said or done. I will ask myself "will this matter in 5 days, months, years?" and if it won't, I will move on!
- Keep my house cleaner. The faster I type this list, the sooner my floors will get some attention. Two black labs and one long and fluffy haired cat make quite a mess!
- Show Rocket Man what he means to me. Sometimes I take him fore granted and I don't want him to feel that way.
- Make less impulse buys. This links back to #1. When I successfully do not impulse buy, I will keep track of the amount I've saved and add that to my play savings.
- Spread the "Tupperword." If you start to see a monthly email from yours truly, read through and check it out! It will include the monthly specials that I may have handpicked! If you buy tons, maybe I'll get a promotion!!
- Continue to learn Spanish. I have Rosetta Stone from my company. I will make a more concerted effort to study.
- Mail people their cards, gifts, etc. I call my guest bedroom the gift graveyard. I have SOOOO many cards and gifts that have been purchased with good intentions and then they waste away because I don't go to the post office.
- Find/Create more time to spend with the girls. I've changed a lot in the past year and I've moved a little away from my girls. Making a renewed connection with those ladies will be a point I choose to make this year.
(Second try... Much better, don't you think?)