It's been a banner day for great recipes! Rocket Man's roommate (we'll call him... Odin, not sure why) was super excited to share his family recipe for Bombardier Cookies (AKA No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies).
The last time Odin's daughter was visiting they made the Bombardier cookies together and I got to sample them. These cookies are legit. They come from a book that Odin's family (the Lewis Clan) printed to share their recipes.
While we were making the Hallo-WING-ies we also made our batch of cookies. Try them! They take all of 10 minutes to make.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 tsp butter (in addition to the stick above)
- Mix the first stick of butter, sugar, sweetened condensed milk and cocoa in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute - stirring all the while to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats, peanut butter and 1 tsp of butter.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow to cool until hardened.